Monday, December 3, 2012

DIY Christmas "Wreath"






 I don't know about everyone else but my street has been full of lights and decorations for a couple of weeks now.  We had some lovely weather that I used for spray painting while the rest of the neighbourhood was putting up their Christmas doodads.  I love lights and garland as much as the next person but I wanted something different to hang on the porch this year.  Which is when I came up with this little gem.

Sometimes I buy "art" at the Thrift Stores just to get the frame and this was one of those times.  This little lovely was one of the things that got a coat of Krylon Glossy White during the good weather a few weeks ago. 

  



The big one on the right is the target of today's Christmas craft idea.  This is a crazy easy craft to make which is why I'm giving a tutorial.....(I am definitely not a good tutorial giver as a rule)

You will need....
A large frame
Picture hanging loops (I'm not actually sure what these thingys are called)
Christmas ribbon
Christmas ornaments (Shatter proof if you're hanging them outside!)



   






Thread the ornaments with ribbon, cutting to the desired lengths.  I tied a loop through the ornament to keep it in place. 






Attach the hangers to the top part of the frame spacing them evenly.  I just eyeballed mine because I was too interested in finishing to go look for the measuring tape. 






Thread the ribbon through the hanger and secure.  Because I used wired ribbon, I was able to get away with just twisting the ribbon around the hanger. 

And here's the end result!  I hung mine outside on the porch window.  It looks so pretty at night once the porch lights are switched on. 







All put together in less than thirty minutes and very budget friendly.  I splurged on the ornaments as I knew I'd be making a few crafts this year but at $7 a box from Walmart, it was still pretty inexpensive. 


Linking to....
Alderberry HillI Should Be Mopping the FloorClassy Clutter,  One Creative MommyNifty Thrifty Things,    The Shabby Nest,   Flamingo Toes,   The Dedicated House,   Boogieboard Cottage,   Craft-o-ManiacSumos Sweet Stuff,   Under the Table and Dreaming,   Savvy Southern StylePositively Splendid,   One Artsy MamaThe Gingerbread Blog,  Hi Sugarplum,  Hyphen Interiors,  Cornerstone ConfessionsThe Southern Institute,  Today's Creative Blog,  Our Delightful HomeHome Stories A to Z,  Someday Crafts,  Night Owl Crafting,  Sugar and Dots,  Lil' LunaCentsational Girl,  I Heart Naptime,  Design, Dining, and Diapers, Today's Creative Blog