Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pirate Printables

I have a new obsession and it's all about printables.  Lordy, I've been collecting them for the longest time but until recently I've never tried to make any.  And now I can't seem to stop.  Last weekend I spent hours at a time at the computer, playing around on PicMonkey.  If you haven't fiddled around with pictures in PicMonkey, you really need to give it a shot.  I don't know why I didn't think to try this sooner.  I mean, I've been making titles for the blog using regular pictures and PicMonkey.  Then all of a sudden I wondered what would happen if I just didn't use the picture and used a blank canvas or printable papers.....Voila. Printables!

I love pirates.  In fact, being a pirate is the only career goal I list on my performance evaluation each year. Yup, I'm going far in the social work field.  So last weekend I created two pirate printables.  The first one is going in my master bedroom.  Just to remind me of my goals and all.  




This one will be going into Tara's nursery.  




I fiddled around some more using Tara's fabric samples from Etsy that she ordered online.  I just uploaded them to PicMonkey and added the label and initial over top.  Easy, peasy.








I have no idea how to create a file for y'all to download.  I'm just not that sophisticated.  In fact, someone recently labelled me "Tech Dyslexic".  (It's ok, I wasn't offended. I was staring blankly while being instructed about how to make some printer do something or other.)  However, if I ever learn how to share things (are they called files?), I'll post an update. In the meantime, feel free to use the pictures and link back to me so I can see them in action.  Just click on the image and then right click to save them in your computer.  I printed mine out on cardstock so they would be good and sturdy.  Here's Tara's all framed up and ready to hang.






I was going to do a tutorial but I'm just kind of hit and miss with these babies.  Maybe if I get better at it, I'll do a post down the road.

Have a great weekend, y'all.


Linking up these printables to my regular parties and to Serenity Now, Home Stories A to Z,  Cedarhill FarmhouseCoastal CharmWatch Out Martha, Jennifer Rizzo, and Salt Tree. 

8 comments:

  1. SO cute!! I love that fabric also! Hubs is Retired USN so I am sort of an anchor nut!! I still haven't tried PicMonkey but I see a need in the near future! These prints are great! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the printable! I have been trying to brainstorm printables for my nursery, but haven't tried my hand at actually making one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best friend is obsessed with pirates! Pinning this and sending it to her! It'll make her day! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 pirates and anchors too Jenna:) Pinned and printed one via the save as method:) Lol, your performance evaluation story is so funny! Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable printables. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this is really cute! One of my girlfriends is having a baby boy, and her nursery theme is sailor themed! I am going to pass this along to her for sure! I love it, and it caught my eye at the I Heart NapTime party--I had to stop by!

    I would love it if you stopped by our Facebook page, and said "hello!"
    https://www.facebook.com/OurMiniFamily

    Your fan,
    ~Cathy Mini
    ourminifamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! Thank you so much for linking up to the Twirl and Take a bow party. Be sure to come back this week to see if you were featured and to link up again! http://arttisbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/12/twirl-and-take-bow-link-party-and.html
    Hugs,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your printable was tagged in my Parade story! http://parade.condenast.com/274369/sverve/diy-designer-wall-clock/#.UzM48A5ypPV.facebook

    ReplyDelete